Saturday 8 October 2011

Looking at Birds

So I haven't been on here in a while...I have been busy moving to France! I have been out here for about two weeks now, living in a small town called Thionville. It is right up at the Luxembourg border and has a population of about 40,000. I have been working in Yutz and Guénange four days a week, six hours in each Collège, this has left me with plenty of time to do art and also a little exploring!

On the art front I am still working on bird stuff. To be honest, I really just wish I was back in Scotland working on my art 24/7 in my own studio and organising an exhibition space for myself to get cracking on with! But alas, that's not what has worked out for me so let's just hope I get to do that when I am back next spring and in the meantime, get on with working here instead.

Here's a little extract from my sketch book from just before I came to France:


Ok you might be thinking that's a little bit weird. I would agree. I think it's pretty strong imagery though. I am interested to hear or see people's reactions. I showed it to James alongside some similar drawings and it was interesting to see what he got from them.

Maybe in the past I just never really knew what I was trying to communicate, but in this project I really feel like my thoughts and everything that's inside me is being expressed better than if I were to try and use words. It's a really weird thing.

I'm not going to tell you what it's all about, I don't like spoon feeding the viewer. I'd rather you looked at it yourself and gave it some thought first.

No comments: