Sunday 3 October 2010

It's been a while

Well, I have my Kilau exhibition on at the moment. I'm pretty happy with it and I have already sold one piece which is more than I could have hoped for! I also have cards for sale so fingers crossed a few of those will sell too.

Here is one of my favourite pieces in the show:

It's black ink pen on A1 white card and it took about 30 hours to complete roughly.
An earlier post in this blog shows one of my rough drafts of the idea. I think if you click on the image it should show you the type of detail that makes up the image.

All the pieces in the show are text based, some idioms, some rhymes....it varies. I mounted each one on newspaper and put them in black frames, I really liked the way that turned out.

I've started back in the studio now too, working on developing the pattern-built portraits from last year but trying to focus on creating depth in them at the moment. I've been experimenting with lots of new inks, shapes and paper etc. Using a lot of Berol broad line black pen :) It's all very exciting!

No comments: