Wednesday 19 May 2010

Charlie and Joe


Charlie And Joe

I Knew Two Crows Named Charlie and Joe
Beautiful, Black And Feathered
But
Strange Of All
They Answered Call
To A Little Old Lady,
Heather.



Pretty awful quality I know but you at least you get some idea of what it's like at least. It's a true story by the way. Granny feeds the birds a lot and a few years ago there was a time that if she went out to the garden and shouted on Charlie and Joe, these two massive crows would come and sit on the tree every time! :)

It's not a proper finished piece, just a sketch towards one. I spent about 10.5 hours on it though just doodling away while watching Spaced :) It was good. That sounds like a really long time but it includes all the drawing, searching for each individual letter, the cutting and sticking and the replacing of each letter everytime I breathed and sent the letters flying off the page! Most frustrating. The rhyme isn't amazing but it's satasfactory I think. I wanted to keep it very short and simple so that it will fit with all the other pieces I have in mind. When I do the 'real' version of this idea I shall probably keep the background white and the birds will probably be in different position completely.

I'm begining to think that I enjoy art the most when the process is tinged with obsession. I did the whole thing in two sittings and would have preffered to have done it in one, (I probably would have if I hadn't had to get up so early the next day). I find it hard to stop drawing when I start these, it's addictive and such a good feeling when hours later you really look at how much you've done. I'm very much enjoying drawing in the middle of the night again, it's been too long!

No comments: