Friday 18 November 2011

Happy days

Today has been the best day in a long time...

Reasons:

1. Skype just randomly started working and I got to see mum and dad for the first time in AGES!

2. I have been catching up with a very old friend who I hadn't spoken to in years and it feels like no time has passed at all. I can't express how wonderful that is.

3. My day has been full of drawing, lots of speed sketches ranging from 5 - 20 mins each.


Here we have a quick sketch of James, spent 14 mins on it to be exact. Just pencil on paper.


Later I went back to a using my slightly uglier style of drawing. Drew this pic of Jamie in 10 mins, used several different photos as reference and just kind of made it up as I went along. I really enjoyed drawing it and found it incredibly easy, I think he's got such a great face too so was really chuffed when he volenteered as a subject for me! He did a great self portrait of himself in first year at art school which I will never forget - think it's still my fave art piece I ever saw in my time at DOJ. I wonder what became of it.

No comments: